We’re working with a team of industry rockstars on what we’re calling the “IC Road Map” – a living document that outlines a successful transition of a builder’s overall business —not just the construction silo—to fully integrate IC into its operations and reap all of the benefits.
You can check out our recent ProBuilder article to see where we’re at then visit the recap tab from the latest round table discussion where we chatted with leading industry experts and welcomed insights and questions from attendees. There you’ll find the full recording + best-of snapshots from the event.
- Housing, Industrialized: Your Road Map to Off-Site Construction, a collaboration between the Alliance + Pro Builder
- Framer that went modular, Q+A With Nathan Young of ModsPDX
- The Synergy of Industrialized Construction and Built-for-Rent Housing, Featuring McStain Neighborhoods, Simple Homes and Bettr Homes
Ryan Colker mentioned code 1200 and 1205 that offer tools to support Planning, Permitting and Inspection. Find more info here:
- ICC/MBI 1200-2021 Standard for Off-site Construction: Planning, Design, Fabrication and Assembly. This first edition standard provides planning and preparation requirements such as: the role of the architect/modular manufacturer/construction manager/general contractor, location of plant vs. construction site, and material procurement and lead times.
ICC/MBI 1200-2021 includes requirements for:
- A controlled manufacturing environment.
- Supply chain integration.
- Structural modular vs. nonstructural modular.
- The fabrication process and on-site assembly.
Join us in november
Together, we’ll create a bigger vision for the future of housing.
John Burns, CEO of John Burns Real Estate Consulting, will open with a Keynote address. Next, he’ll be joined by a panel of leading experts to expand the vision for the Future of Housing and engage in a healthy debate about the future of our industry. For the remainder of the afternoon, we’ll dig into two key areas — supply chain + ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) / sustainability strategies — before wrapping up with a meet + greet.