For legal reasons, this document includes all the buzzwords we have to use. While we have an obligation to follow them, we’re “opting out” of using them anywhere else or for anything other than your data safety and security.
Effective date: July 19, 2021
The Housing Innovation Alliance, LLC (“Housing Innovation Alliance”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.HousingInnovationAlliance.com website.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our website and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to establish and maintain relationships with those interested in Housing Innovation Alliance’s services. By providing contact information, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
The Service provided is the www.HousingInnovationAlliance.com website.
- Personal Data
Personal Data is defined as data about a living individual and/or entity who can be identified from data provided to Housing Innovation Alliance.
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data that may be collected automatically and is generated by the use of the Service.
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our website and is the subject of Personal Data.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to establish and maintain relationships with individuals and/or entities.
Types of Data Collected
An individual and/or entity may provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify them (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address(es)
- First name(s) and last name(s)
- Phone number
- Organization Name
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information on how our website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
USE OF DATA
Housing Innovation Alliance uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To carry out the transaction you have requested
- To provide and maintain our website
- To notify you about changes to our website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our website
- To monitor the usage of our website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Housing Innovation Alliance may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
RETENTION OF DATA
Housing Innovation Alliance will also retain Usage Data for internal analytical purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
TRANSFER OF DATA
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from Housing Innovation Alliance by indicating your preferences. Opportunities to select your preferences include the following:
- Contact us at info@housingInnovationAlliance.com if you have questions regarding communication preferences, our marketing activities and/or profiling
- You can click “unsubscribe” in any marketing email communications we send you, or by sending us an email at unsubscribe@HousingInnovationAlliance.com
Any marketing by Housing Innovation Alliance, or any third parties on behalf of Housing Innovation Alliance, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and include (where applicable) methods to allow you to express your preferences (including the possibility of being removed from our advertising and marketing lists as set out above).
Please allow up to 10 business days for your email preferences to take effect. As some promotions are developed in advance, you may sometimes receive marketing communications after we receive your preference request. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you in connection with transactions you request and/or service-related matters.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
DISCLOSURE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
Under certain circumstances, Housing Innovation Alliance may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Housing Innovation Alliance may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Housing Innovation Alliance
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website
- To protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important, we intend to leverage available resources and knowledge to secure said data to the best of our ability. While we strive to use more than adequate means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
“DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA ONLINE PROTECTION ACT (CALOPPA)
Our website does not natively support the Do Not Track (“DNT”) function. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Housing Innovation Alliance aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information stored by us. Whenever made possible, you can access, update, or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Housing Innovation Alliance relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our website (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services and/or assist us in analyzing how our website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use Personal Data for any purpose that has not been explicitly defined.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website.
- Google Analytics
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
By email: info@housingInnovationAlliance.com
Payment Terms and Conditions
Membership and event fees are not refundable. If you have registered for an event and are unable to attend, you are welcome to send another delegate from your company. Simply notify us of the switch – who was originally registered and who you would like to send in their place. Contact Natalie@housinginnovation.org, and reference “Registration Change” in your subject line.
By completing purchases with us you agree to have your Credit card and personal information securely stored as part of a payment profile within a 3rd party payment gateway. This securely stored payment profile will be used, when authorized, for automated recurring payments and will allow for easier and faster checkouts. No credit card information is stored and all payment data is accessed by way of a secure API. Under no circumstances do we share credit card or personal details.